The roasted grape salsa topping this salmon dish brings out a burst of sweet and tart flavors. Salmon is rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids and known for its heart-healthy benefits. Grapes provide natural sweetness and are a source of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant.
This salmon recipe is easy — and the finished dish is sure to impress.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided, plus more to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon smoked or hot smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping cup seedless red grapes
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus small leaves for serving
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly season salmon with salt to taste, if desired, and place in a shallow baking dish.
3. Make the marinade: In a mixing bowl, whisk together paprika, cumin, parsley, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with red pepper flakes to taste. Spoon marinade onto the salmon.
4. Toss grapes with 1⁄2 tablespoon oil and spread on baking